- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and 1 cup rice)
- PREP TIME:
- COURSE: Casseroles, Main Dishes
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Remove rice from bags; add to pan. Sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon rice mixture in an even layer into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Arrange chicken thighs in a single layer over rice mixture; sprinkle evenly with thyme and salt. Combine broth and cream, stirring well; pour over chicken and rice mixture.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is done.