- 1 (12 ounce) package extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup Safeway SELECT Frozen Petite Green Peas
- 1 (6 ounce) can Safeway SELECT Tongol Chunk Light Tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons Lucerne(R) Sweet Cream Butter
- 3 tablespoons O Organics All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups O Organics Chicken Broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles; cook according to package directions. Add peas to pasta and cook until peas are bright green and tender to bite, about 1 minute. Drain noodles and peas, then return to pan. Blend in tuna.
- While noodles cook, in a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk vigorously until a smooth paste forms; stir mixture until it simmers, about 1 minute. In a bowl, mix together broth and milk. Very gradually, add this mixture in small batches to frying pan, whisking vigorously after each addition until smooth. Add wine and cook until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over tuna-noodle mixture and gently stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
- To trim additional sodium, use reduced sodium chicken broth.
Friday, April 13, 2012
EXCELLENT 20 MINUTE TUNA CASSEROLE.